Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process personal data, including the following in the course of providing services to you, which could contain your personal data:
- your full name, your address, your various email address;
- your various phone numbers including mobile phone numbers;
- your date of birth;
- financial information about you, including bank account details, credit card details or other payment details;
- details of your children and other relations;
- medical details, including details of allergies;
- booking history;
- information relating to your use of our services, such as room preferences, special requests, feedback and survey responses;
- marketing preferences, and
- all other data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order for us to fulfil our role as providing accommodation and other facilities and services to you.
Information we collect automatically
When you access our website or Wi-Fi facilities, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer, and to offer services to you.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website. We only use this information for statistical analysis purpose and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Use of your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide or services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products, services or communication for the benefit of our customers and visitors;
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using your information
which you have provided;
- For time to time, we may also use you information to contact you for market research purposes, we may contact you be email, phone, fax or mail;
- We may process your personal information for the purpose of customer analysis, assessment, profiling and direct marketing, on a personalized or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm any of your rights and interest;
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests;
- Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
We rely on consent for lawful processing where we have no legitimate interest. Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at
any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have put in place appropriate security measure to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for with we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see under YOUR RIGHTS – the “right to erasure”.
We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all the potential information we hold about you when it is no longer required.
Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose personal information we hold about you to any third party except where required by law or as follows:
- to third parties who provide services to us, and act as data processors for us;
- to professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
We may disclose your data in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Privacy Statement.
Please note that we do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Links to other sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any data to those websites.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as follows:
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’);
- The right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’);
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’);
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”), and;
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organization to another
(‘right to data portability’).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com. We also may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your indemnity.
Changes to this Private Statement
We reserve the right to change this Private Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. If you wish to see changes made to this Privacy Statement from time to time, we invite you to access this Privacy Statement to see the changes. If we make material changes or changes that will have an impact on you (e.g. when we start processing your personal information for other purposes than set out above), we will contact you prior to commencing that processing.
Questions, comments, and requests regarding this Private Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Hampden at Battery
123 Hampden Road,
Battery Point, TAS 7004
51-53 Sandy Bay Road,
Battery Point, TAS 7004