Hobart and Surrounds
Hampden at Battery Point Apartments
A short, relaxing stroll from your apartment will lead you to Hobart’s Historic Battery Point. Take a journey through time as you wander through the streets of this remarkable village. These historic pathways wind down towards the water front and Salamanca, where you can find Tasmania’s finest art galleries, restaurants, cafés, shops and bars.
Alternatively a stroll along Sandy Bay road will lead you to a stunning display of heritage architecture. Explore this and more right from your doorstep!
Our Hobart Apartments are situated in a prime location for you to discover the best of Hobart.
Gattonside Heritage Accommodation
Gattonside Heritage Accommodation is located on the fringe of Hobart’s historic Battery Point, just one kilometre from Hobart’s central business district. Restaurants, cafés, galleries and shops at Battery Point’s first village settlement and Salamanca Place are a short walk away from our conveniently located Hobart accommodation.
At the Hobart waterfront, you can catch the boat to Mona, explore boutique shops and art galleries set amongst historic sandstone warehouses or enjoy Salamanca’s vibrant market and a selection of the finest Tasmanian food and wine.
In addition to these local attractions you can also:
• Visit Mount Wellington
• Go on a Battery Point Walking Tour
• See the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
• Visit the historic Cascade Brewery
• Take the family to the Cadbury Chocolate Factory
• Enjoy a day trip to the Huon Valley and Tahune Forest AirWalk, Bruny Island, Tasman Peninsula and Port Arthur Historic Site, Richmond, Coal River Valley Vineyards, New Norfolk, Derwent Valley, Mt Field National Park or Wineglass Bay.